Centennial College recognizes and affirms Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Indigenous ways of knowing as central to the vibrancy and uniqueness of its learning and working academic mission. We strongly encourage applications from members of Indigenous communities and all equity-deserving groups including Women, Racialized, Persons with Disabilities, and LGBTQ+ communities.
We also recognize that Centennial is situated on the Treaty Lands of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation and pay tribute to their legacy as well as that of all First Peoples that have been and remain present here in Toronto. We recognize that First Peoples come from sovereign Nations and that part of understanding our responsibilities of residing on this territory are understanding the true history, circumstances and legacy of the Treaties signed here (such as the Toronto Purchase, Robinson-Huron Treaty and Williams Treaties) and including pre-contact Treaties and Agreements between sovereign Nations and that all peoples in this area are therefore Treaty people with obligations and responsibilities to all our relations.
Centennial College is looking for a strategic and hands-on leader to lead a dynamic data analytics and research team. Reporting to the Associate Vice President, Institutional Effectiveness, the Director will provide senior strategic leadership in the management and coordination of the College’s data needs and institutional research activities to inform planning and decision-making. The Director will oversee the collection, analysis, organization and reporting of institutional and external data, and will develop key metrics and monitoring frameworks for quality assurance.
• Direct the development and implementation of research projects, data collection and analytics, and identification of issues and recommendations
• Own and define the key performance indicators (KPIs) and diagnostics to measure performance against business goals; Oversee the administration and data analysis of the Ministry mandated KPI surveys
• Analyze research results, develop reports and present findings, providing strategic advice to the Executive Team and Board of Governors
• Lead the development of monitoring frameworks and dashboards; oversee the implementation, improvement, and maintenance processes for ongoing quality assurance
• Conduct environmental scans and identify trends to support the planning process
• Establish measures of success and monitoring of institutional goals, strategic and business plans
• Define data governance in collaboration with key stakeholders and in alignment with data management policy; establish and co-chair a data stewardship committee
• Oversee institutional survey processes, including the design and development of survey policy and procedures, providing expertise and guidance on research ethics, survey sample design, sample size determination, best practices in response rate improvement, data structure, analysis, and survey results dissemination
• Lead research and analysis activities for academic program review, accreditation processes, grant procurement and other College-wide programs. Provide research findings and recommendations to academic division for the purposes of assessing teaching and student learning outcomes. Inform the strategic decision-making process of new program development by providing recommendations based on data and analysis
• Establish, build and maintain relationships with external partners and stakeholders; Represent Centennial College in lobbying activities to the Provincial and Federal Government, as well as external agencies and other post-secondary institutions
• Develop the department’s strategic and operational plans, aligning resources to deliver on institutional goals; identify best practices and conduct post-mortem reviews and analysis; Provide quarterly updates to executives and College community
• Motivate, inspire, coach, and mentor DARO team members
• A Master’s degree required with a focus on Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Science, Economics, or Statistics, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum of ten (10) years work experience in analytics, research, and/or business intelligence within private or public sector (education or health care preferred)
• Expertise in (combination of) strategic planning, institutional assessment, accountability and performance measurement, data collection, data extraction, statistics
• Demonstrated strategic planning and project management skills to provide leadership in integrating College level objectives with individual program requirements and overall corporate direction
• Experience in designing complex studies involving quantitative and qualitative research methods, statistical analysis and modelling techniques, and assessment and program evaluation methods
• Advanced knowledge and expertise level skills in a variety of tools: data warehousing (eg Cognos), business intelligence and data visualization (eg PowerBI or Tableau), survey (Qualtrics), and advanced statistical packages (eg SPSS, R, STATA) and predictive models (regression, decision trees)
• Demonstrated leadership experience in recruitment, coaching, motivating, and mentoring
• Strong understanding and commitment to the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion
• Working knowledge of College and Ministry legislation, policies, practices and structures and ongoing factors affecting the Ontario College system considered an asset
• Excellent leadership, relationship management, and conflict resolution skills
• Strong report writing and exceptional presentation and public speaking skills with the ability to communicate complex information to stakeholders.
Apply online: www.centennialcollege.ca/careers
Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer.
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by May 1, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST. Please quote Job ID J0422-1226. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).