PolicyWise for Children & Families (PolicyWise) is recruiting a Research Director, Data Initiatives.
- Lead the strategic development of research priorities and research agendas.
- Work with the CYDL research team, and work with partnering Ministries, community, and other PolicyWise stakeholders to conceptualize, design and implement research projects.
- Develop advanced research designs using appropriate methodologies.
- Work with the Director of Data Operations on effective data collection/acquisition procedures including identifying data sources and appropriate data elements from research partners and evaluating the data quality.
- Lead, inspire, coach and mentor a multidisciplinary team of Research Scientists.
- Develop research proposals, project charters, project-specific work plans, and methods of measuring progress.
- Lead the analysis planning and process as well as the collaboration with research partners through chairing the Research Working Group.
- Keep abreast with current scientific literature and research methodology in social and public policy related research areas
- Develop a knowledge base for programs, services, and policies of relevant data holdings.
- Manage, analyze, and interpret quantitative data to provide implications for policy and service.
- Generate research and analytics information products including innovative data visualizations to inform policy.
- Lead the process in working with project partners, stakeholders and PolicyWise staff to develop and implement knowledge mobilization strategies for research results to reach broad audiences in a timely and effective manner.
- Work collaboratively within PolicyWise on priority initiatives of cross-sector policy-relevant research and analysis.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with policy-makers, researchers, and community partners.
- Promote and represent PolicyWise across academic, policy and practice communities.
- Work with research project teams on project details, resolve stakeholder concerns, and develop innovative ways to inform policy and practice.
- Provide scientific input into other projects such as SAGE and PolicyWise evaluation projects.
- Participate in the review of incoming competitive grant applications for PolicyWise-administered grant programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- PhD in a relevant field.
- Extensive experience in a research environment, especially in a leadership role.
- Excellent leadership skills and a strategic thinker.
- Strong background in research methodology, including study design, quantitative analysis, and reporting.
- Ability to conduct statistical analysis and create reports and presentations using a variety of software.
- Skilled in managing research and analysis processes.
- Experience in knowledge mobilization and delivery of scientific content and messages to decision makers.
- Able to proactively take initiative, multitask and work well under pressure.
- Effective collaborator with a variety of stakeholders.
- Content expertise in social and health science.
- High degree of technical proficiency and commitment to accuracy.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Understanding of policy development in government sectors.
- Knowledge of data privacy and security issues.
- Familiarity or experience working with linked data.
- Experience working with administrative data.
- Experience planning and executing research programs of significant size.
- Skills in data visualization.